Last Updated January 29, 2016
I. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
“Personal Information” is any information that is not generally available to the public or which may be used to identify an individual such as your name mailing address, email address, phone number, and credit card information.
- When you log onto the site, our web server automatically recognizes your domain name, IP address, your computer’s operating system, browser information, clickstream patterns, your immediately preceding web address, dates and times that our Site is accessed, and purchases. We also keep records of the pages that you visit on the Site. See Section III below.
- If you send us an email or post a message on our message boards, we do collect your email address.
- If you register for in-store Plum Rewards, you will be required to provide Personal Information, including your phone number, name, address and other information. If you do not wish to provide this information, you will not be eligible to participate in Plum Rewards.
- We may also collect certain demographic information (such as gender or age) and information about your interests and preferences.
- If you email the Site address to a third party, or if you send a link to any of the content on the Site, we will receive the email address of the third party. Likewise, if you make a purchase and send the goods to a third party, we will obtain the recipient's name, address and certain other contact information. Plum Market Chicago Wine uses this information to carry out the transaction and for our own internal marketing purposes.
- We do not automatically collect your name, address, phone number or email address, unless you have provided it to us on the Site. You can correct or change your Personal Information at any time by updating your profile on the Site.
II. Aggregate Information
- Plum Market Chicago Wine collects general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page and which hyperlinks, if any, they "click" on.
- We use this aggregate information in order to (a) determine which areas of the Site are most popular, (b) enhance the Site for visitors, and/or (c) describe the use of the Site to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers or other third parties, or in response to a government request.
III. Cookies and Other Tracking Devices
- Our web pages, as well as those of our partners, may utilize "cookies", “flash cookies”, “pixel tags”, “clear gifs”, “web beacons”, “web bugs”, iFrames and/or other tracking technologies to collect information about website activity, to facilitate your shopping experience in our online store, to better manage and improve the Site, to make product recommendations to you, to customize the Site to your preferences and to otherwise market to you.
- We may link the information we record using tracking technologies to Personal Information we collect at the Site for our own internal marketing and advertising efforts. We do not share this Personal Information with third parties.
IV. How Do We Use and Share Your Personal Information
- We use your Personal Information to improve the site, customize the site to reflect your interests, and to modify the layout of the Site.
- We use your Personal Information to send out Site update notices.
- We use your Personal Information to send out recall notices.
- We use your Personal Information to communicate with customers regarding their orders or accounts.
- We use your Personal Information for marketing purposes and to promote special offers tailored to your interests.
- We may disclose your Personal Information if required by law, or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to prevent fraud or another illegal activity, to prevent imminent personal injury or to protect Plum Market Chicago Wine or another individual or business.
- We share your Personal Information with strategic partners who perform credit card processing, order processing or delivery services for Plum Market Chicago Wine. We provide Personal Information to those businesses when that information is necessary for them to complete a requested transaction or otherwise perform their duties.
- We may use your Personal Information in order to process and fulfill any purchases you make on the Site (including any customary follow-up or confirmation communications regarding such purchases).
- We may use your Personal Information in order to enter you into sweepstakes you request.
- We may use your Personal Information in order to establish an account for you.
- We may use your Personal Information in order to respond to your questions.
- We may use your Personal Information in order to send you e-mails if you are on our mailing list subscribers.
- We may use your Personal Information in order to ensure compliance with our policies and applicable law.
- We use your e-mail address as a customer identifier on the Site.
- We may send you periodic communications by e-mail or regular mail, such as news updates, special promotional offers or information on our products or services which may be of interest to you.
- If we use third party advertisers on the Site, we may disclose your Personal Information to the third party in order to deliver banner ads on the Site. These third parties may also keep track of the pages that you visit while you are on the Site in order to customize future marketing advertisements to your interests.
As Plum Market Chicago Wine develops, we may buy other businesses or their assets or sell our business assets. Customer information is generally one of the business assets involved in such transactions. Thus, in the event that Plum Market Chicago Wine or all of its assets are acquired, customer information would be one of the transferred assets and Plum Market Chicago Wine expressly reserves the right to transfer your Personal Information to the acquiring entity.
V. Privacy Preferences/Opt-Out
You can change or update your Personal Information on the Site by accessing your account page at “My Account Page”. After you sign in, you can (a) change your personal profile, (2) unsubscribe to Plum Market Chicago Wine’s emails, and (3) manage your subscriptions to various Plum Market Chicago Wine promotions. You can also opt out of receiving Plum Market Chicago Wine emails by visiting our unsubscribe page, where you can request to not receive promotional materials from us. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed.
- Our site is compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. This is the prevailing industry standard.
- We restrict access to your Personal Information to a limited number of Plum Market Chicago Wine team members, who have a need to know such information.
Unfortunately, due to internet hackers, no data transmission over the Internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Information. Other than the aforementioned security measures, any Personal Information that you provide is made available at your own personal risk.
If you create an account on the Site, you may be asked to choose a password for your account, in which case your online account information shall be protected by your password. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account, even if such activities are unauthorized.
VII. Children's Privacy
This Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and Plum Market Chicago Wine does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from such children, with the exception of an email address used solely for reply purposes. If you are under the age of 13, do not submit any information to this Site.
XI. Contact Us
Plum Market Chicago Wine
Attn: E-Commerce Division
1233 N. Wells St.
Chicago, IL 60610
By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 312-229-1400